Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

My 950 Tourer

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  NGM 
#1 ·
I had a Vulcan 750 for a couple of years and I spent a lot of time combing through dealership websites trying to decide what I wanted for my next bike. I finally got it, a 2011 950 Tourer. I'd worried about several things - is it big enough for 2-up, does it have enough power, the foot boards dragging. Well, I've answered these for myself. It's absolutely big enough for 2-up riding, my gf & I fit just fine on it. I got it a week ago and a friend and I rode bikes on a 1500 mile round trip to Colorado. And, even though I was sure I wasn't going to drag the foot boards, I've done it twice in the past 3 days. Scared the you-know-what out of me the first time. :) Anyway, I like my bike a lot, although the seat isn't the softest I've ever ridden on.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You're gonna love that bike, but a piece of advice if I may. Join the legion of 950 owners who have swapped out the OEM seat for an aftermarket brand. Search the forums and you'll find a wealth of information on all the different models.

Reactions: Keith Post
#9 ·
You will love the bike I promise you that. I know I love mine. I put the Mustang seat on it with backrest.. A world of difference!!!! I took a long ride last night and I had more problems with the jeans I was wearing than the seat.. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.