Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Greetings from Israel and a tiny (7") question...

658 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  YammyV 
#1 ·
Hello to all you Star fans,

My name is Itamar, a 52-year-old chap from the Galilee in Israel. I am riding a '99 1100 V-star (well, it is supposed to be a Dragstar, but my specific bike comes from a batch imported in 1999 from Canada as a market tester... ) for over 4 years now and as happy as can be. Already completed a 1600K SaddleSore Iron Butt challenge and looking to do a 2000K/24 combined into a 3600K/36 challenge sometime this summer.

Anyway, enough about me.
I stumbled upon this forum in an attempt to find tips and directions for replacing the original 5 3/4" headlight with a 7" one and I was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding this alteration.

Furthermore, I find a lot of various types of headlights, but most of them come without the bucket... And the new buckets I manage to find on e-bay are mostly plastic coated with chrome color...
I am not too fond of plastic and prefer good ol' chrome coated metal bucket (and other parts too)...
Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Itamar

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi Itamar, welcome to the forum the mountains of East Tennessee. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your 1100. Since we have quite a few of 1100 owners here, I'm certain one of those members will be able to help answer your question. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.