Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of the solid wheels from other model Vstars will fit a 01 Custom as I'm not looking to spend a grand on a single wheel for other custom wheels .

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Fronts will probably fit.....rears are 1100 only

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Classic and Silverado wheels were mostly cast..... Customs were spoked. Not a big difference to me.....either will work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the front wheel on the 1100 custom is narrower and taller (18") than the fronts on the classic or Silverado (16"). not sure if front forks and fender are wide enough for the different wheel. think you would have to measure to make sure it would fit.

I can say that I was looking to pick up a windshield from a Silverado but it wasn't going to fit my custom without some modifications.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the front wheel on the 1100 custom is narrower and taller (18") than the fronts on the classic or Silverado (16"). not sure if front forks and fender are wide enough for the different wheel. think you would have to measure to make sure it would fit.

I can say that I was looking to pick up a windshield from a Silverado but it wasn't going to fit my custom without some modifications.
Hmm yeah I will definitely do some measuring first and I will look into the newer 950 front wheels to

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Classic fronts will fit just fine on a Custom. The overall height is almost exactly the same with the tire mounted so you can even use the front fender of you want. It's just a little fatter.... and doesn't create any issues at all.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts

The reason the windshield won't fit is because of the fork tins on the Classic. The tree and forks are interchangeable.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts