Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,
i've had my '01 vstar 1100 for about....3years now, it was wrecked when i bought it and i uh...still haven't finished it. got forks on it, wheels, etc.. still need the top front cylinder cover (the plastic chrome piece), and the front fender, and left rear turn signal and some upper pieces on the forks....

Anyways i drove it home from my warehouse for the first time and it ran pretty bad....backfiring and whatnot. i cleaned the carbs (had some pretty dirty jets), and now it won't run without the choke on full and light throttle.

i checked the fuel pump, it goes in/out 1 time when i do key on, and when i hit the start button it does the same thing again. shouldn't it be pumping constantly?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Fuel pump.

The service manual says put the end of the hose from the fuel pump into a container. Apply 12 volts to the pump. If fuel flows from the hose the pump is OK.

You might check to see if the 12 volts to the pump stays on. If not one of the interlocks or ignition module may be bad. If you have 12 Volts and no gas into the container fuel pump is bad, if gas into container then take a look for cloged lines, filter, or just floats cutting off gas. Maybe putting so much pressure on the pump it cannot pump.

The service manual is on Paul Milners dot com. Fuel pump is page 7-39 to 7-43

http://www.paulmilner.com/yamaha/handbuch/1100servicemanual.pdf

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts