Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching how to's and for some pictures on fuel lines placement to no avail.

I purchased a bike last night with some carb issues now trying to start from scratch which I think is best to do??

Anyways bike had a hyper charger at some point then it was taken off and sold...but then carb was messed with to try and run with out the hyper charger with same jets? When I received bike the plastic air box parts are in a bin...need assembly help.

Scored a round hyper charger and the jet kit on eBay last night....just wondering assembly sequence and pics to show where and how???

Please help me get this on the road!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not the setup I ordered....regardless I appreciate that but I've gone through those sites. The hose that comes off the middle of the carbs and goes downwards...where does it connect...to the "t"?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Are you sure about what you bought? I've never seen a round Hypercharger. The scoopy, tunnel ram looking shape is what defines them.

Honestly, I'm not sure how you would even tweak a carb to run differently with the same jets. Restrict the fuel flow? Rejetting is how you adjust a carb when altering the air flow.

You might want to get a real clear picture of exactly what you're working with, and maybe post a couple photos. That's probably the best way to get the experts chiming in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I think I'm going to start from stock and go from there. I was messing with it to today and got it running. Didn't have an air box or anything on it. But starts every time now!

Couldn't give it any throttle at all probably to much air. When I have a chance I'll slap it together see if I can play a little with it. You know someone else's problems just have to figure out what I actually have in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts