Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,349 Posts
Welcome James. Everything I've read about Road Stars is positive. They're just one of those bikes where they got it right. Expect 100,000 plus miles with regular maintenance. Lots of helpful people here so ask all the questions you like. We love pics here so post one when you can!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,016 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having carb issues and it's driving me insane, I bought this bike a few weeks ago from a guy who clamide to own this bike for 2 years and only put 4 tanks of gas through it, it was almost full when I got it, so the issue is that when the key is just turned on (bike not running) the fuel pump is pushing gas past the valve seat and needle flooding the carb, I've replaced the valve seat and needle, cleaned the carb, and hopefully set the float correctly. Any suggestions would be great... Thanks

·
5,016 Posts

·
2,349 Posts
Roadies only have the one carb, so synching isn't necessary.

·
5,016 Posts
Yea, missed the Road Star part. Must be a short between my eyes and brain. 😀 Damn, I hate chasing electrical issues. 😵

·
2,349 Posts
lol... I hear ya! Those shorts seem more frequent the older I get :wink:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hi James, hope you have been figuring some things out, or will be soon. Best of luck to you. There will be nothing but glory in your day when you get that thing fine tuned, I'm sure. Nothing quite like a proper pulsing of that engine. Let us know how you get along.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts