Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good source for individual carb Parts like just the gaskets and certain size Jets or is there a good price for a complete kit recommendations

·
Super Moderator
4,468 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Swapping kurykrn hc from one of my bikes I'm taking off the road and need to rejet stock carburetor possibly seal up a couple of weeks

·
Super Moderator
4,468 Posts
Do you have a Yamaha dealer close by? If so get the two bowl gaskets and jets from them. If not you can order both from Partzilla, since you need non stock sizes, call them. Normally gaskets, which are actually orings, can be reused. For jets if a Yamaha dealer isn't close any Harley dealer will have them. Harley used the same jets. I've modified many intakes but never a Hyper Charger. If you are doing it for cosmetically, great. If functional, can be a challenge to jet correctly. You either get low in tuned it or high speed. With more air being forced into at higher speeds it will lean out. If you richen the mixture for higher speeds you are way rich at lower speeds. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am basicly switching to get rid of lag in throttle response
I have the jet sizes recomended by kurykrn for the vstar with the shim and install instructions

1 - 6 of 6 Posts