Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my stock coils on my 03 v star 1100. Asking what success or problems other people have experienced. I have already done a "chubby intake" kit, DG hard kromes exhaust and rejected the carbs for both. Thanks for any help or comments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looking to upgrade my stock coils on my 03 v star 1100. Asking what success or problems other people have experienced. I have already done a "chubby intake" kit, DG hard kromes exhaust and rejected the carbs for both. Thanks for any help or comments
You do not need to change coils or add a tuner to these bikes, google coils and you will learn what you need to know.
Buy a lot of gas and a set of tires and ride and ride some more.
I had it all on my 1100, cams, bak, monster pro[the best pipes for power], all the tuner did was let it rev a little more and remember that dyno sheets mean swat when on the road riding at 60-70 mph.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Talk to Shane at SS Custom Cycle...better deal and better coils. If you have right cams, pods and properly tuned bike...you'll notice a difference with the tuner too.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Talk to Shane at SS Custom Cycle...better deal and better coils. If you have right cams, pods and properly tuned bike...you'll notice a difference with the tuner too.
I bought my cams from shane and running all the rest of the stuff I can tell you this for a fact my bike was fast, but there is very little time and places that you can the power and if you want power and speed just buy yourself a 1900 liner lik I did, no matter what you do the 1100 will never come close to a stock liner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts