Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since im new to my bike i would like to invest in some pipes at some point. I have asked a few people about what would be the best option. Some have said that i can't get slipons because of a crossover on my system, and some have said it doesn't matter. For those who are pretty good in this area, what can i do? and what is this talk about re-jetting pipes? please help me understand this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hiya sarge, i fitted vance and hines classic 2 slip ons on my 1100. They sound great. On some bikes when you fit straight through pipes you need to re-jet the carbs because the pipes draw more air through the engine because they are straight throughs. This means the bike could run lean and end up doing a lot of damage to the engine. I was lucky with the classic 2's, i didnt have to re-jet or remove the ais system on my bike. The bike runs great. You sometimes have to remove the ais pipes if the bikes pops and bangs when you throttle off. If you go on youtube you can hear the classic 2's fitted to the 1100. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure which V-Star you have. I have an 05 1100 Classic. It has Roadhouse Sixty-Five Special Slip-ons. They sound great. You will get backfire on deceleration (any slip-on, you will). You will need to remove your AIS to get rid of the backfire. Some bikes will need to get their carburetors re-jetted but usually only if you do a complete exhaust change. This is for an 1100 so your bike will be different if it is another bike. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i put cobra low boy long shots on my 1100 custom and rejetted 2 sizes over stock and i love it. thinking about cams next. out runs most harley on the road with little effort. what i like is that it has that great sound when you are running through the gears or accelerating in 5th, but when you get to cruising speed it quiets down (even with no baffles) so you dont have to hear it all the time. my advice on rejetting is to have someone else do it for you if you dont have the vacume guages and such to tune them in, ride it before you rejet, if you notice any lugging or stalling rejet. the reason i had someone else rejet my carbs is there are too many small parts in there for me to loose! good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
There are so many different pipes you can get, it is almost endless. I went with DG Hard Chrome 2.75 inch big straights. Long and loud. Because I put a whole new exhaust on my bike it needed to be re-jetted. I had the dealer do it all. The instructions on the jet looked way to complicated for me. (I know nothing about engines) This is just my opinion, but I think the biggest statement and accessory you can get for your bike is the pipes. I buy a lot of things from this website http://www.cruisercustomizing.com It has a ton of reviews and good pictures. My bike is a 07 VStar 1100 Classic
[/IMG]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts