Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 07 vstar 650, when it warms up and i go full throttle it bogs down, like it is starving for gas. i replaced a coil, switched fuel pump from another bike, adjusted the tps, checked the pickup coil, checked the ignitor unit, changed the gas, have double checked the valves, cleaned the carbs. does anyone know what advances the timing. does anyone have any ideas or had this problem. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Full throttle? Are you possibly causing the rev limiter to kick in?

First gear should be good to about 30mph or a little over before the rev limiter takes over.

Timing is not adjustable and it's controlled by the engine control unit, if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Carbs

Unlikely but several years ago I had a bike do that and it was the air filter. I had installed it wrong and air was restricted.

On another site I saw a note, if your bike has a problem at a particular speed or gear zone. Try a choke test. pull the choke to the second notch and try the bike. If the problem gets worse you are to rich. If it gets better you are to lean. Don't run it long with the choke on.

If it is not the rev limiter then maybe something is restricting either fuel or air flow.

After all that I'm sure you checked the fuel filter.

I saw a post about someone having a problem because the gas tank vent was blocked. I had a tractor that the engine would run out of gas and die because the tank vent was blocked. Only happened under full throttle. I guess the test would be loosen or remove the cap for a test.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.