Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm plagued with this high idle issue #37 ISC Valve stuck, and have tried many things. That said:
I'm wondering if somewhere along the line someone messed with the reference air screw on the #1 TB on my bike (I'm second owner and some mods we're done when I bought it (BAK, EXHAUST, AND FUEL MGMT).

The service manual doesn't address this at all, it just says to adjust #2 in reference to #1 when doing a synch. But what if #1 was messed with at some point and was off? Then I synch #2 to it and everything looks right, but isn't.

Maybe BOTH of my throttles are open too much and the ISC valve just can't close enough to rectify it?

Is there a correct spec for the #1 TB air screw? A reference starting point? I.e., "all the way in then two turns out" type of thing?

If no one knows, I'll be happy to hear any ideas of where else to look, someone to call, etc.

Thanks,
// Radar //

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone from another forum found this:

"Insufficient throttle body bypass air can also cause low idle rpm.
To ensure the throttle bodies have sufficient bypass air, turn both air bypass screws in (clockwise) until lightly
seated, then back each screw out (counterclockwise) 2 turns. Synchronize the throttle bodies by adjusting
the air bypass screw on the throttle body with the highest vacuum to match the throttle body with the lowest
vacuum."

Awesome...somewhere to start...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts