Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've been checking this place out since I got my 07 Strat and have read a lot of great stuff. But now I have a problem that's bugging me and I can't seem to find anything on it.
I have what I think is a Speedstar duel exhaust and found a leak at the h pipe and tried to tighten the clam and put some ultra copper high temp silicone on it and it's still leaking and loose. Does anyone know it there is supposed to be some sort of gasket on it that maybe wasnt installed? I'm at my wits end and it pops and fixes every time I get on or off the throttle. Thanks in advance and I hope you can help me!

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
dont know about the speedstar exhaust. I would think any exhaust connection would have a gasket or clamp, or be welded.

I suggest you repost your question with a title something like Speedstar exhaust leak, and post it maybe in the technical info: exhaust section, or maybe in the Stratoliner section.

The new member intro threads dont show up as much on the forum, and a lot of people dont read them (because sometimes there can be several each day).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and I checked it out. Just hope someone can help me out. It's the "H pipe" that connects the two pipes together and I tried to tighten the clamp, but it didn't help. I read on the strat link and someone had cut it off and welded a plug in its place, but I don't have that option.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,141 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,309 Posts
Hi cm, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. It is better to post your tech question in the appropriate section for better replies. I’d suggest taking a pic or two as that may help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts