Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering which spark plugs are recommended for this bike. Brand and model. Also I've read gap should be anywhere between .028 to .035 so suggestions on that too would be appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
79 Posts
My spark plug haven't been replaced in years but they look just fine.In my cars I rarely replace them yet have no problem .
Why people replace them if there is no issues with fuel mileage or engine problems.....?????

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My spark plug haven't been replaced in years but they look just fine.In my cars I rarely replace them yet have no problem .
Why people replace them if there is no issues with fuel mileage or engine problems.....?????
I left the ones in my Jeep go for way to long. It was almost like the engine was hiccuping. The two times replaced on my bike, it was like the engine was more crisp. More snap in the crackle and pop! I love new plugs.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
650 owners manual recommends I check my plugs every 4000 miles and replace them every 8000.

My cars all recommend replacing the plugs every 100,000 miles.

That is a huge difference of opinion between Yamaha and Ford/GM.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Different ignition systems and your 650 is not fuel injected.

Still.....8,000 miles is nothing. I've had a set of standard NGK plugs in my 1100 for almost 25,000 miles and they are still looking great. I just regap and put them back in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts