Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new member from Birmingham AL. Just bought a 07 1100 for bail money for this guys wife. The only issue with the bike is the starter clutch is gone. My main question is what's the cheapest starter clutch kit I can get to get the bike rolling?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,055 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe. Check the link below for great repair info. Make sure you read the new owner section to eliminate future starter clutch issues.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Starter clutch @ dealer was 1400$ (and it took a month... slakers) if i would of done it my self.... ebay 90$ and some time (2days relaxed work) and patience....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Please share some pics of your ride with us and let us know how the clutch repair goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought this starter clutch in March (it was $84 when I got it) and installed it in a day's work... The cheaper ones from eBay are usually frowned upon, but for the price I'd rather take my chances spending $90 rather than $400+ for OEM. Worst case scenario I'll just have to take it apart & do it again. It's not like I paid a shop to do it & it comes with a 1 year warranty, but it's been rolling strong ever since.

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/281560928703

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts