Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, new to the forum
I have an 08 vstar 650 that I picked up with 4000km (pretty much never ridden!) about two years ago.
I haven't done much to it yet, but that's changing this year. I'm excited to get started on it with a hypercharger and pipes already ordered and more to come!

·
2,488 Posts
Hey, wakky. Welcome to the forum. You got yourself a nice ride there - one of the most reliable bikes out there. I have its big brother, the 1100 but there are plenty of 650 owners here who absolutely love them. Love to see a pic when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts
I would suggest pods over hyperchager. Tuning for hyperchager can be challenging and pods are a proven performance enhancer. Hypercharger do look cool.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I agree with what lesblank mentioned... pods are easier to dial in than a hypercharger and from what I read in another thread you don't ride much on the freeway so any ram air effect the hypercharger might be good for will not work in your situation. Also I hope your pipes come with baffles or muffler otherwise you'll be introducing straightpipe sag into the midrange of your powerband... basically with your mods you'll be de-tuning your motor and you'd need to be an experienced tuner to dial everything in to work properly.

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Please share some pics of your bike with us. Before and after the mods. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts