Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I might be trading my Raider for a Road Star, straight up. It's got 8k on it +/-, what should I look/listen for if anything when going to check it out and stuff? Any transmission issues, recalls, known trouble spots known of to date? I sent an email to sign up for RSC but they're locked down so that's TBD....:confused:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is his roadstar stock or does it have mods? No recalls on that year and no known tranny issues. Every now and then one has excessive engine noise like a loud sewing machine about to explode. Also an occasional bike with excessive vibration. Does it ride smooth with reasonable vibration. I'd spend some time riding it. I have two 03 roadstars and recently rode a buddy's 04 with lots of mods and the vibration riding his was excessive. Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, haven't ridden it yet but it's modded well; PC5, V&H short shots, dyno'd, Memphis Fats windshield and more. It's got custom paint and a backrest too. It's got about 8k miles and mines got less than 3k.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sounds good. Sometimes it's the mods that create the problems, so you'll know if it's for you after you ride it. One of my bikes has 60k+ and the other has 40k+ and both run great, so 8k is almost new...many out there with 100k+. I've had my share of minor hiccups, but that's because I can't leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I`ve got a 2013 Road Star and like it a lot. Just curious on why you want to swap the Raider for the Roadie?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well deal fell through but I got my Hard Kromes so I'm happy! I'd still be game for a trade for a nice Road Star if there's anyone interested~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts