Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 09 Yamaha V Star 950. Has aftermarket air filter and exhaust power commander optimizer. When ever I let off throttle it backfires, after doing research people suggest that blocking off the ais system (air induction system) will help with that. My only problem is I don't know where the ais system is located on my V Star.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey guys I have a 09 Yamaha V Star 950. Has aftermarket air filter and exhaust power commander optimizer. When ever I let off throttle it backfires, after doing research people suggest that blocking off the ais system (air induction system) will help with that. My only problem is I don't know where the ais system is located on my V Star.
Wouldn't that just be the intake system? Maybe somebody else knows precisely?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm gonna stick my neck out here. I don't think that a V Star 950, which has EFI, has an AIS like the 650 or 1100 do. I can find no reference to an AIS on the 950. Maybe I missed something. Augie

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think your right I don't think the 09 V Star 950 has the ais system. My only issue when I let off throttle it backfires. Does anybody else have this problem or any ideas what I can do to fix it? other than that I'm happy with it

-All the help is greatly appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts