Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my raider last year and couldn't be happier! I have went thru many, many bikes before finding the right girl! I put the strat bags on her, 3" extensions and 3" roxy risers and i am set. Lov'in life here on the easternshore maryland of delmarva. if there is anyone near me lets ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Gotcha, I almost wish I had gone with the Strato or Road. I like the long rear fender and the floorboards with the heel toe shifter. Just a bit of tracking down all the right parts to do the swap over. And the loss of going to a larger than 210 rear...if that's your thing. haha. Good looking ride.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Really? I've only heard of a few people going down a size, most go straight out for the 240 or even 250 on the Raider and swear by it. I still have the stocker on and haven't convinced myself to change sizes when the time comes. Do you ride mostly straights and big highways? Or a lot of curves?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the strat/roadliner rear fender wont fit a 240 without some major gringing and other cuts i opted not to worry about. i dont see the tire anyway with the strat bags on. with the stock raider fender you have no problems with a 240, and maybe a 250 not sure. i am not an aggressive rider so i prefer the better handling of the 200/50.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Howdy. Did you have any cable length issues when installing the 3" Roxy risers? Can you post a close-up photo of them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes. But it is easy. All you have to do is remove both clutch and brake lines from master cylinders and move them to other side of triple tree. I cant get pics to be small enough to upload.

video of roxy cable routing -

1 - 10 of 10 Posts