·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS - the picture shows them dimpled, but these specific ones are not, only drilled, which I dont need, but I dont think it will hurt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh, nice! I'll be interested to hear about your experience if you end up getting these.

My wife has the same bike as you, and the stock bars are really wide, which means you catch a lot of wind in your chest when riding. We don't do much touring anymore, but even riding around town those sprawling bars make me fatigued when I ride her bike. If these mini-apes bolt on with the stock cables and hoses, I might consider trying to talk her into a set.

Please keep us updated along the way!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will keep you updated. The width of these 10 inch apes are actually 1/2 inch longer then the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hey. Does anyone have the Krome Werks 10 inch apes?

I have a 2002 vstar 1100. I'm looking at these bars.
Can anyone tell me if they will fit?
http://www.amazon.com/Khrome-Werks-1in-Handlebar-Drilled/dp/B0068EP3BI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1459537536&sr=8-10&keywords=khrome+werks+handlebars

I originally wanted 12 inch apes, but it sounds like the cables will be tight and I really don't have the funds to spend on new cables. Just trying to make my ride a little more comfortable.
the hole on those is not directly under it's at an angle that will be highly visible, just something to think about before spending

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the hole on those is not directly under it's at an angle that will be highly visible, just something to think about before spending
Yeah, I saw that. Doesn't bug me at all.
Besides, when I do decide to go with taller apes, I can sell these to someone that needs drilled. :)

More of a market! lol

·
Registered
570 Posts
May possibly need a longer brake hose.

If Clutch cable gets tight, no need for a new one - just re-route it :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks BP03. I saw your post on installing 12s on a vstar 1100. If i recall correctly, the brake line was tight but eas managable? If so, hopefully the 10s will give me a little extra wiggle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You'll be fine with 10" mini's. I have Drag Specialties 10" mini apes on mine (same design as krome works) and everything was fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll be fine with 10" mini's. I have Drag Specialties 10" mini apes on mine (same design as krome works) and everything was fine.
Thanks. I installed them and they look amazing. Had to re route the clutch cable and move the brakeline position on the master cylinder.

Ordered some new grips, 2 different styles. So im just waiting to get those and see which ones I like better.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts