Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we all probably know that the stock tail light is just plain awful.
At first I was tempted to get the led tail light with integrated turn signals, but they are technically illegal in California as there needs to be either 6 or 8 inches in distance between the two indicator sides. I also don't think they are very safe as they don't easily indicate your turning intentions to other drivers. Anyways I bought this off of amazon; not all that cheap but they do work well in my opinion. I put up a video of before and after on you tube. enjoy:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Did the same, but also added the brake light modulator - Flashes three times when brake is applied, then goes on steady. Big improvement over the stock bulb.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I added the 32 LED version to my '05 Classic which has the clear taillight lens and the difference is amazing. Much brighter and has some clear LEDs to shine up on the Tag area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put that that same 100 LED light on my 1100 about a year ago- no load equalizer, it just plugs in and looks great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same with the 32 led one, just plug and play.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It looks way brighter than the integrated light I am running. My wife always complained she couldn't see it during the day even when I hit the brakes.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Any way to increase the awareness of traffic around us is mony well spent. This certainly looks like a viable option and definitely worth looking into. Thanks for the post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts