Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so, im finally wrapping up putting on new bars. they are Todds Cycle 10" 1 1/4 bagger bars in black. i took all the controls and levers and had them powdered black. all stock cables.

heres the best 'before' i could find. i also took the luggage bars and gaurds off the bags.

home made fillers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha, thanks. that keeps it from sinking in the gravel when washing it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Those bars look nice!

How satisfied are you with that fairing? Trying to talk myself into buying that fairing and those bags...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i like it. but they were on the bike when i bought it. imo, the fairing and bags make the bike. i rode it a couple of days with it off, and i definitely would rather have it on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i like it. but they were on the bike when i bought it. imo, the fairing and bags make the bike. i rode it a couple of days with it off, and i definitely would rather have it on.
Does your fairing have the sound system?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, but i dont use it. the speakers are about shot and i like earbuds better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i bought a stop-turn-tail control module. it will run those two LED bag lights, and they are plenty bright. put the 1300 tail light on the fender too.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
took a few better pics and made some bag to fender fillers. probably gonna leave the fender light off. i bought a stop-turn-tail control module. it will run those two LED bag lights, and they are plenty bright. might put the 1300 tail light on the fender if i need too.

polishing the differential housing on mine improved look at the rear but i think doing just the nose cone would have worked. i never liked any of the chrome covers that are offered so i polished the whole unit this winter. now well see how long it hold the shine

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok? did i miss something?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thats a sharp looking bike for sure man. No issues with those bars and the stock cables?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks. and they just reached. i could probably re-route them and get more slack

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had 25 or so pieces done for $150. i kinda look at it as that it was $6-8 a piece. seems reasonable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they are aluminum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts