Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1100 classic 2003 i picked up a second hand factory windshield with mounts and not sure as to how it mounts like do i have to take off handel bars and headlight to install it any help greatly appreciated. i have looked evewhere but cant find much on a factory install .Thank you this forum has helped me greatly

·
Super Moderator
6,739 Posts
The brackets should attach to your triple tree and attach the windshield to the brackets. YouTube has videos on various installs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
The top bracket is bolted up under the top tree and uses the bolts for your riser's ,(pic1) and the bottom one uses the bolt the hold the head light (pic2) the shield bolts to the side straps.
GOPR3108_LI.jpg GOPR3111.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replys i am assuming it is easier to mount brackets first then put on the windshield it looks like it has never been mounted there is a caution sticker on the windshield about using solvent and gasoline any ideas on how to romove it

·
Super Moderator
6,739 Posts
Googone or any non-solvent based fluid will work. When I mounted the fairing on my 950 I mounted the brackets first, then attached the fairing.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,587 Posts
To remove the stickers a product called GooGone has worked well for me. There will be a lot of opinions of this but to protect from bugs and dirt from building up on windshield I keep mine waxed with regular car wax and works really well.
Do not use any strong chemicals on it. My windshield will tilt some forward and aft as the top bolt holes are elongated. For me with windshield tilted slightly aft there are less turbulence. The angle of my windshield is just about the same angle on the front forks. I'm sure the height on the windshield and how tall the rider is will very the angle some. Just play with it to see wants works for you.

·
Super Moderator
6,739 Posts
Regular car wax and rain-x is what I've used for the windshield on my fairing with great results. Excellent suggestion lesblank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all very much makes things so much easier and wax i have been using it for a few years on my other bike 800 vulcan classic thanks again for helping an old fella out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts