• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ya'll,

What do you think? Is this a good idea?

After looking at 100s of 1100 custom photos on vstar100.com/gallery, I've settled on 'a look'. But I have no idea whether this is a good idea.

The idea - Buy a used stock 1100 custom with low miles and begin adding the mods; intake,cams,exhaust to provide around 75hp. Then, replace the front wheel with a 17-21" spoked wheel.

I intend to use the bike for short commutes and weekend rides.

Any advice from experienced riders would be appreciated.

John the wanna be vstar rider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17-21 inch front wheel

Dave,

What do you think?

How does a larger front wheel add/reduce handling performance?

For example, larger/thinner wheel/tire is better for cruising but diminishes turning ability?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Larger wheel

John,

I'm afraid I can't help much on the handling of the wheel. For a cruiser it should not matter as much though. I guess it depends how you ride.

Dave

·
Registered
778 Posts
Are you going to be happy with it?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can't say about a larger front wheel, but if you need more power go with the bigger engine. They actually get better fuel mileage than a hopped 1100.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Learned a while ago....like tonydtiger said....if you like it then who gives a flying......( sorry tony I paraphrased)

That is the beauty of riding motorcycles...great people and everybody has "their thing!", and nobody cares.

I personally like baggers, my buddy hates em...He likes bob tail fenders...me not so much...you get the point.....If you walk in a parking lot of bikes and look at 100 bikes you will see 100 things "you could change and put on yours"

My two worthless cents

·
Registered
778 Posts
Love to ride, Love your ride

1 - 10 of 10 Posts