Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 V Star 1100 Classic, Bluish-Silver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! So I recently serviced the swingarm bearings, final drive, adjusted spokes, and put some new rubber on this "new to me" 2003 Classic.

Last night I installed the rear wheel for the first time (what a pain in the butt with the stupid brake caliper bracket ect!) and I noticed a gap on the right side between the axle washer and the swingarm. Is this normal? I didn't study this area closely before taking everything apart, but everything's in the right order according to the service manual. The gap has me thinking I left something out though. It would seem to me that the washer should be up against the inside of the swingarm.
BTW, all those white line things on the end of the brake caliper bracket is just a bunch of nice and deep scratches from whoever worked on this bike before. There's a bunch of scratches everywhere from the previous mechanic.../miniRantOver

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,459 Posts
Click the link below, toward bottom of page is info on sequence of reassemble and touque sequence. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Smells_Familiar

·
Registered
2003 V Star 1100 Classic, Bluish-Silver
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. Yeah, I referenced the KB, service manual, and my Haynes manual for reassembly. I put it back correctly and that's why I'm scratching my head about that gap. The gap doesn't look right to me. If it's engineered that way, is it to allow lateral movement of the axle/left side of the swingarm?

I'm hoping someone can take a look at their bike and let me know if the gap's normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts