Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 07 Vstar 1100 Custom that has been jetted, and has Vance & Hines pipes. When I ride it, it runs good for awhile, then acts like it has water in the gas tank. I have used the additives to get rid of the water, but it still does the same thing. I am using 91 octane with no ethenol. Can someone help?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 07 Vstar 1100 Custom that has been jetted, and has Vance & Hines pipes. When I ride it, it runs good for awhile, then acts like it has water in the gas tank. I have used the additives to get rid of the water, but it still does the same thing. I am using 91 octane with no ethenol. Can someone help?
Need more details. With the limited details that you gave, its going to be hard to give a solution to fixing your problem.

But, I'll give it a shot with what I no about the fuel system for the V-Star 1100. By stating you had your bike jetted and then it runs good for a short time and then acts like it's got water in the fuel. I would say, and this is a guess without know what jets where installed. Your bike is still jetted to the lean side. The main jets might still be to small. The mechanic will need to no what elevation your at to determine the main jet size. Do you no how many turns the mechanic turned out the primary metering screws? Call your mechanic and have him give you the details on how he installed the jet kit and how he tuned the primary metering screws. Also ask him if he synchronized the carburetors after he jetted the carbs. Any V-Star 1100 that has the carbs jetted, needs the carburetors synchronized.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts