Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya peeps,

I have a 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic, with a crinkled rear fender...so much so, its not really worth repairing (the fender that is). So I am looking for another rear fender...my question is, what years of the V-Star 1100 had compatible rear fenders with my '01? It would be nice if they all were, but I know I am not that lucky. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Will

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hiya peeps,

I have a 2001 V-Star 1100 Classic, with a crinkled rear fender...so much so, its not really worth repairing (the fender that is). So I am looking for another rear fender...my question is, what years of the V-Star 1100 had compatible rear fenders with my '01? It would be nice if they all were, but I know I am not that lucky. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Will
I'm not sure, but try checking the part numbers on the parts microfiche, and trace the fender part number up through the current years.

Off hand, I'm assuming there was no changes, but to be sure I'd trace the part numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure, but try checking the part numbers on the parts microfiche, and trace the fender part number up through the current years.

Off hand, I'm assuming there was no changes, but to be sure I'd trace the part numbers.
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that myself, but most of the part fiches I can find that are online anyway, don't really list part numbers....If you can point me to one that does, I would appreciate it.

Will

·
Registered
208 Posts
I did a quick search on http://www.babbittsonline.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/2/Yamaha.aspx, I started in 01, and traced ther rear fender part numner as 5KS Y2161, through 04. In 05 the part number changed to 5KS Y2161R. It stays the same up through 09.

So to answer your question, if I were to venture a guess I'd say anything from an 00 through an 04 would be what you are looking for.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.