Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever done it?

After installing the 12" mini apes on my 06 custom, I realized that 06+ throttle cables come out of the back of the switch housing and not the bottom like previous models, giving it less room for movement. If I lock the handlebars all the way to the left it locks the throttle. I'm thinking about eliminating the right switch housing in general since I plan on relocating the starter button elsewhere anyway.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
A Classic switch housing comes out the bottom. Swapping the housing will get them coming out the bottom.

I haven't had switch housings on my bars for years. It just takes a little planning and a good wiring diagram. I went with a Harley single throttle control when I did it and that worked out well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea super easy, just have to take off the tank and the left neck cover to gain full access. The second cable or "push cable" is there for extra safety I believe, it push's the throttle back into position. But honestly after taking it off and seeing how the throttle snaps right back I really don't see a NEED for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts