Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined this discussion group and I'm looking forward to getting a bunch of good information.

So I have a 2008 V Star classic that I'd like to convert into a bobber. I have a long way to go and limited knowledge. To start with I need some new tires any way and I'd like to put on the widest that I can, front and back.

next on the list I need opinions on air filter/intake and exhaust. I've been reading a little here, but still not sure what I want to do there.

I've been looking at the blue collar bobber kits too. I'll most likely get the seat, back fender and tail light kits. I plan on saving the handle bars for last.

so... any thoughts?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bobbers are fun!
Intake ... Most definitely a POD system is the best and cheaper...if you install it with new exhaust you will need to rejet your carbs.
I myself stay away from the cookie cutter BC kits... They are expensive and at the end of the day your bike looks just like any other BC bike out there.

Here are some of the Vstars bobbers I've built

http://youtu.be/cSb0CVgzZCw

http://youtu.be/dGcuXsbihbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Those are nice. Very nice. So what do you do for a rear fender and seat? Like I said, I have limited knowledge and skills when it comes to fabrication, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, I don't know what POD means and what exhaust is on the last pic? I like that rear fender too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fender,
First pic is a flat fender from eBay something like $50 ...

The other two fenders are the front fender cut and flipped to use as rear
Seats: any spring seat will work

Unfortunately if you don't dare to cut stuff and modify things the best way to go might be the BC kits that are sort of plug and play

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also, I don't know what POD means and what exhaust is on the last pic? I like that rear fender too.
POD refers to adding K&N filters directly on the carbs. Big Air Kit (BAK) is upgrading the side donut to a bigger / better quality filter.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts