Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey gang,
My 2003 vstar 1100 has been running fine until last week when I started it no problem, once in gear I let out the clutch and it sputters and dies out, but would run fine with 1/4 choke. It kinda acted like a bad fuel filter so I changed it and added some dry gas just in case I had water in the fuel. this worked fine for about 4 day's an now its back. Any clues Let me know through private message

·
Registered
169 Posts
Is it vapor locking?? Also check your plugs then if it still doing it you may be ready for a carbs cleaning

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is it vapor locking?? Also check your plugs then if it still doing it you may be ready for a carbs cleaning

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Ditto on the plug check...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guy's thanks for the quick reply. I changed the plugs suspecting maybe a fouled one bothe plugs looked to be clean and not fouled I'm not sure on the vapor lock thing I was under the impression that would only happen in hot weather. It would seem to be a fuel delivery problem because as soon as I put the choke to 1/4 it cleares up. I supposed the next line of defence would be a carb cleaning. I'm not sure what a fuel pump problem would look like this is kind of an intermitten problem.
your thoughts?
thanks Dick Maynard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts