Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day, I'm blasting home from Vegas to LA; probably doing a consistent 85-90, in about say 80 degree weather. The check engine light comes on for the first time I've ever seen it (11k miles, had it for 7 of them). I slow down to about 75 and it goes away. About an hour later, I'm back up to 85-90, and it does it again. I stop at a gas station, do a little research and find the 950 has an overheating sensor that makes the check engine light go on, so I figure ok, hot day, going pretty fast, whatever. I went 90 that night on the last leg home and no light came on so I wasn't worried. The next day, I noticed that the check engine light illuminates when I push the starter button; no flashing codes, nothing like that, but just when I push it. I don't know if this is normal, I only noticed because I've been a bit paranoid about the light. I do know that the lights in the dash light up when you turn the key to on; I'm talking about when you actually start the engine. Peace of mind would be great!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i think mine come on when i start mine. Not 100% on that, I'm not in town to check but im sure someone will for you. I would say it was just overheating a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts