Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forums and can't find a definitive answer. I'm wanting to get 12" ape hangers and use stock risers. Will I have to get extended cables or will stock cables work?

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I have heard you can go 10" without new cables if you re-route the cables. With 4" risers on my 01 1100 classic with stock bars the primer on the rpms go up when i turn my bars all the way to the right.

·
Registered
2000 Yamaha XVS1100a Classic
168 Posts
I have 8" Biltwell Chumps on 3" risers = 11"
While the throttle cable and clutch cable could go a bit more the brake line is pretty much at it's limit and would have to be extended if I went up another inch or two more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 8" Biltwell Chumps on 3" risers = 11"
While the throttle cable and clutch cable could go a bit more the brake line is pretty much at it's limit and would have to be extended if I went up another inch or two more.
View attachment 105261
I can’t tell by the picture, but did you reroute your cables behind the forks? I’ve read that you can get by with taller handlebars if you rerouted your brake and clutch cables.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Anything over 10 " extend with a reroute you are pushing anything over that

·
Registered
168 Posts
I can’t tell by the picture, but did you reroute your cables behind the forks? I’ve read that you can get by with taller handlebars if you rerouted your brake and clutch cables.
This might be a better view. All stock cables and brake line. The brake line is pretty much at it's limit, clutch and throttle still have some slack.

Reactions: DiddyRides

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This might be a better view. All stock cables and brake line. The brake line is pretty much at it's limit, clutch and throttle still have some slack.
View attachment 105263
Yea. That’s a good angle. I’m gonna have to get extended cables. I found an eBay retailer that will make custom brake lines. Now I just need to find clutch and throttle cables that aren’t outrageous expensive.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yea. That’s a good angle. I’m gonna have to get extended cables. I found an eBay retailer that will make custom brake lines. Now I just need to find clutch and throttle cables that aren’t outrageous expensive.
You can save a bit of money by ditching the "push" throttle cable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i got galfer brake cables they make whatever length you need
[/
I found someone that’ll make a brake cable for me, but I’m having issues finding clutch and throttle cables. If it were a Harley I could get them with skulls and flames all over them. lol I found some on JPCycles, but wondered if I could find them for less than $400

1 - 14 of 14 Posts