Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone pulled the badges off a 1300? I just bought a Tourer and want to remove the tank badges and any others. Dealer told me that it might mess up the paint 'if' I could even get all the glue off. Any tips? I was going to just heat and floss it but don't want to have to paint a brand new bike.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
When I took off the obnoxious white and orange warning sticker on the tank of my FZ6, I ended up using WD-40. I know it is a totally different thing, but I tried a hair dryer, goo-gone, etc. The WD-40 ended up loosening up the glue better than anything. Then I used an old plastic card to try and scrape/pick it off.

I made sure to clean it up good after. I think WD-40 is safe on hardened paint, as long as you don't let it sit or bake on.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll give it a shot this summer when the temps are nice and hot and the bike has been in the sun for a while. I just hate the way the tank badge crosses the pinstripe. And, if that pinstripe isn't under the clearcoat, I want to remove that also.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I used fishing monofilament and worked it back and forth under the badges to get them off and then used Goo Gone but I would try WD40 since YMG says it worked better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts