Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sat on a 1300 Deluxe a couple times and it feels very comfortable. Ergonomically feels just like I had the 1100 set up. I want to ride one but I can't find one anywhere that allows test rides.

Side note: I miss my Babe :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I bought my 1300 Tourer, I was moving up from a 250cc beginner bike and refused to buy without knowing how the bigger bikes rode and handled.

It took several phone calls and a bit of driving, but I found a few shops who were willing to let me take bikes out WITHOUT a commitment to buy. I test rode four different Yamaha's (that decision I had already made!) from three different shops. All of them had zero miles on them when the shop let me take them out. Their only requests were that I didn't abuse them while riding and that I didn't put many miles on them. I respected their wishes as I did not want to prevent a future customer from getting the same test ride.

Make the calls to shops within the distance you would be willing to drive. Be patient and honest with them. I think you'll find one.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If its any help my buddy has a stock 1100 and I have my 1300 and it felt basically the same as far as sitting position, maybe a hair lighter etc. Mine makes a bit more power but basic riding was the same. I know a couple guys who insisted on a ride before they bought there bike, both were in the same dealer several times about the same bike. I guess they built kind of a relationship with the salesman after seeing him a bunch of times.

·
Registered
894 Posts
The only dealer around here that allows test rides is Victory. I suppose its hard to have a "Ride one and you'll own one" campaign without it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
We have a Victory dealer local and he sells everything from Yamaha's to now Indian and Ive been looking at a Victory Cross Roads 8 ball since last fall. It's tempting!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went to a Customer Appreciation Day at St Croix Harley in New Richmond, WI and watched a "test rider" pop the clutch on his test bike and pile into a brand-new HD bike. Its not surprising that dealers would hesitate before letting test rides, but I wouldn't buy without a test ride. My local Star dealer is good about that.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am really interested in the 1300 Deluxe. Sits way different than my 950. The dealer here just had a demo day, but unfortunately I didn't find out in time to go take a test ride.

·
Registered
417 Posts
To be up front, I haven't ridden a 950 or an 1100. I compared them in the showroom and just felt the 1300 Deluxe fit me better, had features I wanted, and knowing the plan is to eventually ride 2 up the extra ccs would be important.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Any dealer that has used bikes should allow you to take a test ride as long as you have the proper cycle endorsement. I can understand not allowing new bikes or even sportbikes going out. But either way they should be insured for test driving. I wouldnt buy a bike without test riding it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts