Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for the Memphis Fairing owners for the V 1300. I have read that there is a gap around the headlight? What have you done about it? I saw some pics from someone who used the visor from an old helmet and fastened it in there somehow. Is this true about the gap? How much air/ wind comes through there? Still trying to decide which fairing to go with, Memphis Shades are cheaper, but I don't want the gap like I have seen in some pics. Could anyone post pics looking from the front and the inside showing how big or small the gap is?
Thanks
I am leaning towards the fairing from tsukayu.com I think they look better. I don't want a stereo in the fairing, maybe a handlebar mount system later.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just installed mine and I was able to close that gap as low as the shade sitting on the headlight housing. The mounts on the provided brackets are very adjustable and the shield itself has almost 1" of up/down adjustment. Of course the headlight is not perfectly round but it still looks great. I am going to try putting a piece of closed cell foam on top of the headlight bucket to shut some air flow down. I will say right now.... Order some lower air deflectors of some sort with the shade. The buffeting is stupid.

Here is some pics. If you would like I can snap some close ups. There is a brace(I would call it) glued on the inside of the shield just above the headlight radius that would hold the closed cell foam.
photo 4(1).jpg

photo 1(1).jpg

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes there is a gap but you can adjust the fairing to eliminate it. You will then have to find the right shield to get to the height you want.

·
Registered
121 Posts
to cool or no to cool off???

In the hot weather you'll want that gap to cool off.:p
Gold wings have vents in their screens to get the same effect.:rolleyes:
I have mine dropped down but will move it up soon.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! The responses make this sound like is't do able, I didn't know the the fairing was adjustable up and down. I wasn't going to order windshield until after installation so I would know what height to get. I have the Memphis lowers on my forks now, and they make a big difference I don't have to tie up my goatee now:D

87stocker I would love to see some close ups if you don't mind.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the windshields interchange with the Harley shades like the other brands? Or are the Memphis windshields brand specific?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts