Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 V-Star 1300 Tourer. The bike seems to think the kickstand is always down. Replaced the kick stand switch, but bike still quits while in neutral with kick stand down (or up). Light on dash also does not show neutral when the bike is in fact in neutral. Could it be two bad switches, or more likely broken or disconnected wire elsewhere, or something else? Any good ways to troubleshoot?

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
both wires have to get to the ECM for it to do its logic "if bike is in neutral, or if kickstand is down and bike is not in neutral..."

so that would be the place to look - maybe that end of the wires got severed, or unplugged

If you dont have the factory service manual for your bike, try googling just the V star 1300 wiring diagram - and see if that shows you where to look, and maybe what color wires for those two switches

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,475 Posts
Are you holding the clutch lever in or is it out? Not sure on the 1300 but the 1100 has a clutch switch which works with side stand switch. My two switches have been by passed for years. I know I shouldn't, but started riding before all the "safety stuff" I always start my bike sitting on it with clutch lever in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts