Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing the back hinge on my left saddlebag. Any ideas/suggestions for a replacement? The first pic is the right hinge still in place. The second pic is the result of the missing hinge on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, that looks like your roll pin came loose and fell out. Same thing happened to me on my 950.

Lowes or Home Depot sell them in their specialty hardware bins. I sized the opening with a finish nail using different sizes until one was snug and used that to determine which pin I would need. Not sure, but I believe the 950 and 1300 bags are almost identical. There's a thread about this same issue on Yamaha Motorcycle Forums in the 950 room that lists thee exact size needed. I don't have time right now to look it up for you.

Never had another issue after I replaced the pin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies

I picked up a set of roll pins from China Freight. How hard are they to put into place?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not hard to put in at all. Tap it in with a small hammer until the end gets too close to the plastic, then use a punch that's wider than the pin to finish the job.

The pin needs to be pretty snug or it will work loose again, but don't force it or you may split the plastic hinge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts