Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 VStar 1100 Silverado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!

I'm interested in putting bullet turn signals onto my 2005 Vstar 1100 Silverado. Most of the aftermarket ones I've found are too small for my liking and with the larger ones I would prefer not to mount them directly to the fork.

The stock turn signals on a 1300 Deluxe look perfect. The question is- will they fit on the stock 1100 signal bar? I know it's tough getting non-standard lights to mount to it. Would it be easier to install the entire 1300 signal bar + lights?

Any thoughts appreciated. thanks

(example 1300 attached)

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,411 Posts
As far as swapping the light housings onto the existing cross-bar, that would be a no-go. The 1100 housings use a pinch clamp and plastic bushing to clamp onto each end of a round cross-bar tube. The 1300 housings have a stud that bolts to a sheet metal bracket. That's just by comparing the parts schematics from Yamaha. Anything can be done of course. But it won't just bolt up for you.

I agree with you that the bullet shaped housings on the 1300 look nicer. Also, the pinch bolt attachment on the 1100 kinda sucks. They tend to move around over time.

·
Registered
2005 VStar 1100 Silverado
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as swapping the light housings onto the existing cross-bar, that would be a no-go. The 1100 housings use a pinch clamp and plastic bushing to clamp onto each end of a round cross-bar tube. The 1300 housings have a stud that bolts to a sheet metal bracket. That's just by comparing the parts schematics from Yamaha. Anything can be done of course. But it won't just bolt up for you.

I agree with you that the bullet shaped housings on the 1300 look nicer. Also, the pinch bolt attachment on the 1100 kinda sucks. They tend to move around over time.
Got it, thanks for the input. Hadn't thought of comparing the schematics. Sounds like my next steps are to find the entire 1300 bracket on ebay and see what it'd take to fit that to my 1100 triple tree. will report back if/when that yields fruit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts