Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I changed the oilfor the season I noticed that oil was leaking(small amount) from a chrome piece with two bolts on the bottom of the engine. Does someone know what it is or where it goes? Jim MN

·
Registered
473 Posts
When I changed the oilfor the season I noticed that oil was leaking(small amount) from a chrome piece with two bolts on the bottom of the engine. Does someone know what it is or where it goes? Jim MN
Trying to figure out what bolts your talking about. Can you be more specific.

·
Registered
845 Posts
That is the drain tube for your combined oil pump and water pump.

The water pump and oil pump are in one assembly in the oil pan, if the water pump ever leaks coolant, it should come out of that tube instead of leaking into your oil.
It is common for a tiny amount of coolant to be present at that spot, if it is oil on that spot, its possible that maybe an "O" ring needs to be replaced.

I do not know much more then that, hope this helps.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Then in order to fix it I should drain both oil and antifreeze? I can't find part numbers for the o-rings or gaskets. Jim MN
What I posted above is all I know. Are you sure its oil and not anti-freeze?
From what I read it is quite common for that area to have a drop or two of anti-freeze or oil on it. If it is more then that, meaning dripping onto the floor that might be another case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts