Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my bike new in April 2010 as this was a comback to riding in 26 years. After it gets warmed up, a slight tapping noise coming from below fuel tank. I took screwdriver handle to ear (from back in the day) and proceeded to touch external components of engine. The most prominent noise came from I believe 2B fuel pump/injectors. I would just like to know if this is normal or a problem somewhere.:(
Took bike in for 600 mile checkup @ 1000 miles. Had valve adjustment included. Seemed to get a little less noise but still there slightly.
PS: Nothing bad to say otherwise!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Slight tapping noise from the valve clearance is normal on this model and is audible more at certain rpm's and throttle openings. Noise is more obvious at small throttle openings, especially at slower cruising speeds. Your Tourer model is more audible than the Standard model because of the blockage of frontal wind so you tend to hear more shifting noise as well. As long as you don't hear excessive tapping noise all the time you're good to go. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts