Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I picked up a 1300 factory windshield and mounting hardware on fleabay for a killer price... I started to install the windshield mounts when I realized I have a small issue. I'm not sure how to remove 2 bolts that are used to hold the mounts. There is no hex, slot or any other visible way of removal of the bolts. Are these pressed in, or am I missing something???

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out! The previous owner put plastic caps in the holes....feeling kinda dumb now.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
looks like an aftermarket trim kit, Ive seen chrome ones pressed into the allen heads for adjusting the handlebars

I wasnt sure from the photo, also looks like JB weld epoxy smeared in there...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a press in with no bolts. And yes, they were glued in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So apparently when I installed the windshield, I pulled a wire loose for my right turn signal. Fixed the ground wire, got running light working again, but no signal. Got test light out, attempted to see if there was power at signal wire, and blew running light fuse. Now the signal is working again, but obviously running lights are not working again. Does this sound like the ground I fixed may still be messed up?

·
Registered
141 Posts
So, I picked up a 1300 factory windshield and mounting hardware on fleabay for a killer price...
How do you like riding with your windshield?. Only reason I ask is because my 650 came with an aftermarket ws. I have been seriously considering a factory windshield. Before I do that I want to know if the juice is worth the squeeze, any noticeable improvements in riding at higher speeds, 60 - 65MPH?.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Any windshield will make a difference but a properly adjusted and cut to the right size windshield will make the ride better. OE or aftermarket is not the issue.

·
Registered
2005 V Star 1100 Classic
42 Posts
I'm not a big fan of windshields, however I bought a national quick release chopped windshield 2 yrs ago for highway riding after read that "it will give you a nice breeze as you ride along the highway"...mistake...maybe it's my height but I think had a concussion after riding about a week ...the buffeting was insane (and I do have lowers). Since I already had the quick release hardware, I bought a 2UP and carefully measured and cut it to the right size (nose height - eyes seeing just over the shield)...no issues since. Shield height is key to any windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts