Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took these photos today. i currently have 15,000 plus miles on both my front and rear Dunlop Elite 3's. While there are no stress marks or cracks or any excessive wear, I have noticed that the tire doesn't grip as well in the turns as it used to. but after 2 years, it's not a surprise. for this reason, i will probably be replacing the rear next Spring. not bad. i asked a riding buddy who has a pretty decent amount of motorcycle knowledge how many miles he thought these had and he guess 2,000.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the Commander II also, I researched tires and found no one saying anything bad about these. I am hoping for the extra miles and it is a double compound tire. Center is harder for more miles and the sides are softer for better traction when cornering...

·
Administrator
13,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally replaced my front and rear tires a few weeks ago. got close to 30K miles on them. still had plenty of tread left, but the rubber had hardened to the point where they were not gripping the road nearly as well as they should and it was just time for new ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts