Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
--

For the few of you that may have had your 16,000 mile extensive dealer service on your 2018 Venture/Eluder, questions:

1. How much cost for service only?
2. How much cost for parts?
3. Were the swing arm bearings deficient in grease?
4. Were the steering bearings short of grease?
5. Did the valves need re-adjustment?
6. Were any other problems noted?

I understand you may not have been able to get all this info since at the time of pick up we sometimes don't think about stuff. But if you notice areas of problems, or not, it may help the rest of us as we get ours done on Ventures/Eluders.

--

·
Registered
288 Posts
As I recall, and keep in mind sometimes I don't recall all that well, the 16k on my Roadliner was $900+ including a new rear tire. Don't believe any deficiencies or problems were actually found.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
That is a lot of money.. but it does include a rear tire

if the service it $500 every 16,000 miles, then you are paying half as much for the maintenance as you are for fuel to go that distance.

On a motorcycle, if you have a shop change your tires for you, you are paying as much for tires as you are for fuel.

Motorcycles are surprisingly expensive to ride in $/mile, even though they are simple vehicles, they are usually high maintenance compared to a car.

For example, the old air cooled VWs required valve adjustment every 3000 miles (with the oil change). But it was a simple task, the valve covers stuck out in the open, it was quick and easy to do, and maybe replace the cork valve cover gasket every 3rd or 4th time.

On my VS650 I have to remove the seats, tank, airbox and carbs to adjust the valves, its a 2 to 3 hour job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts