Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading in my 06 RS for a 2011 Raider. I liked them from day one when they came out. Need some feed back. Has anyone else made this move?

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I hope you get to find a few on this site to chime in and offer some experiences or advice. I'm not one of the guys that have made that or similar bike class switch. One suggestion I have is to poke around on the Raider forums and see whats been posted there.
One comment from me is the biggest factor is the severity of the "itch" you have for owning one.
Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
422 Posts
One of my good friends bought one the year they came out and we ride together all the time. The only reason I did not buy one is the fact that I needed little more comfortable bike for my wife as a passenger. I do ride his raider from time to time and my ONLY complaint is that the wider back tire takes away a little bit of handling. It's not bad , it's just not as good as my liner. In fact his Raider is what turned me on to the Roadliner. If you like the Raider it might be worth it to take a look at the Stryker too. It's a really nice looking bike. I don't think you would be disappointed with the switch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SwampStar

Well, I bought the Raider. I went ahead and had them but a small windshield, 2 into 1 Vance and Hines exhaust and the 240 rear tire. The rear tire is my only question. Does anyone else have one on their Raider. Give me to good with the bad.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I bet the 240 looks real nice on there too.
I had the Warrior and had the swing arm modified to fit a Metz 260 on it.
It will feel a little wierd at first but after 20 or 30 minutes of riding you won't feel any different. I liken it to the initial difference you first feel on a new bike. It didn't take me very long to start scraping pegs in the twisties.
The replacement cost is higher but I also got longer life out of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New Raider

I picked up my new Raider and can't stop smiling. My RS was a nice bike but the Raider is a great bike. I picked it up on Thursday of last week and put 300 miles on it so far. Looking forward to a good weekend ride.

·
Administrator
13,280 Posts
I picked up my new Raider and can't stop smiling. My RS was a nice bike but the Raider is a great bike. I picked it up on Thursday of last week and put 300 miles on it so far. Looking forward to a good weekend ride.
pics. PICS.

i'm gonna implement a rule that anyone who announces a new bike or a major change to their bike cannot post again until they share bike pics with everyone. and for every day they make us wait for pics of their ride, someone's engine dies

·
Registered
254 Posts
Funny BEVO...lol...
Ride Safe Swamp... I upgraded to the strat from my 06 R* Silverado. When I got slammed. I like them but like the bags and shield so went old man...lol... instead of the sporty Raider.
Enjoy.....Ride Safe...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Happiness

Well guys and gals,
I have been having my Raider for awhile now. I can't say enough good things about it. Last weekend was the first time I really took a long trip. We put 325 miles round trip in one day. The bike was great on the open road, back roads and in town. Really pleased that I made this choice. People are always coming up to me asking what kind of bike is that. I really get a chuckle when they say, thats a nice Harley. I tell them Thank You but its a Yamaha. Thanks to everyone for the advice before I bought this bike.

Happy Ridding and be safe!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

Well guys, I've been having this Raider for a while. I can't say enough good about this bike. I haven't added to much more. I just put the Cobra 2000 Power Pro. It has made a huge difference in the way this bike performs. It is well worth the money. The mechanic shop did a before and after dyno run. The after run didn't show a big difference but the bike is a lot more smoother, the off the line pull is a lot stronger and the throttle is a lot more controlled. Very nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts