Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the spokes on my rear wheel are starting to go, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on replacing with mag wheels, the cost difference between replacing with spokes/spoke rim, and if OEM mags or after market mags would be the way to go.

Ideally I'd prefer to keep my costs down and get them used from a salvage shop. Are there other year/model mag wheels out there that would fit my bike using my oem drum brakes?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mag wheels

I have the same idea; but can't find anyone who can provide an answer. I found certain cruisers such as the Virago and othe XS models have spoked (mag) rims that may fit my 2004 650 Custom, which is shaft drive. Re-paint them to match bike if they fit.

Been a while since I replied to your post. 750 triples have a rim that is close. The height of the front and back rims are same as The 2004 (others?) V Star 650 Customs. The rear is also a drum brake and the shaft drive unit may be a close fit.

Shimming on the front will key and the rotor fitment is very close - the bolt pattern from axle is identical.

I can't believe that there isn' anyone on this site that can't answer or offer info.
be safe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts