Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new baby: 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight; V&H exhaust/fuel mgmt/air cleaner, Mustang seat, Engine guard w/pegs, OEM Strat passenger floorboards, etc.; 1-owner, only 7355 miles, garage kept, synth oil, etc. etc., etc.

A CHERRY!

I'm very excited, and looking forward to learning from the forum experts!

/Radar/

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Ok newbie, now you crossed the line. Bring that bike back and get a beginner scoot like everybody else. It's much safer that way. If you can't, buy me a plane ticket and I'll go get it until you get your biking legs back. Shouldn't take much more than a year or so on a 250.

:D :D :D

Welcome to the forum Radar. Man I'm so envious right now. The strat is one honey of a bike and I only drove one once. Now that we know about your bike, tell us a bit more about you, where you're from, if you plan on doing some more mods etc etc etc :).

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, don't think that I'm not a little bit nervous about it!! Lol. But I'm mature, semi-intelligent, and conservative so I'm gonna take it slow. :)

I live in Florida (north of Destin/FtWaltonBeach), work with the USAF as a Dept Of Defense Air Traffic Controller. Have an empty nest right now so the wife and I love to take out our SeaDoo and now the bike.

Want to batwing it, driving/signal light it, new touring handlebars, need a drivers seat back for the Mustang, maybe a few other mods down the road. Need helmets, safety course ($200 in Florida), tag/title/registration first. :(

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post some by the end of the weekend, I promise!

I will be making the trek to Louisianna on Wednesday night to go pick it up, clean it Thursaday and hopefully get pics posted Friday.

Fair enough? ;)

·
Registered
882 Posts
My new baby: 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight; V&H exhaust/fuel mgmt/air cleaner, Mustang seat, Engine guard w/pegs, OEM Strat passenger floorboards, etc.; 1-owner, only 7355 miles, garage kept, synth oil, etc. etc., etc.

A CHERRY!

I'm very excited, and looking forward to learning from the forum experts!

/Radar/
You got a Strat. There's really not much more to learn.

Well done.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got a Strat. There's really not much more to learn.

Well done.
Well, thanks! Looked for months for a Kawi Nomad, almost closed on one but the guy got weird toward the end and insisted on cash money vs a bank check. I couldn't do it that way (logistics and time-frame we were dealing with) and he knew that, so...??

Now, my first question...is it a Strat, or a 'Liner? Lol ;)

Edit: then I discovered the Stratoliner and forgot all about getting a Nomad. There's things I like about the Nomad but think the Yamaha is a better bike all around.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Well, thanks! Looked for months for a Kawi Nomad, almost closed on one but the guy got weird toward the end and insisted on cash money vs a bank check. I couldn't do it that way (logistics and time-frame we were dealing with) and he knew that, so...??

Now, my first question...is it a Strat, or a 'Liner? Lol ;)

Edit: then I discovered the Stratoliner and forgot all about getting a Nomad. There's things I like about the Nomad but think the Yamaha is a better bike all around.
Saved by someone getting weird. One of the simple joys of a Strat is that it is air cooled. :D

As for 'Strat' or 'Liner', I've never heard it referred to as a 'Liner' but, you call it what you like and, it's such a small number of people, we don't judge. Just don't talk to the 'blue' people (Strat owners with blue paint). They ARE weird about stuff.

Again, once you got the main part down, the rest doesn't much matter.

Just for conversations sake; the tank is too small, cruise control would be nice, they're a bit 'windy', the suspension sucks and a bit of a bear in parking lots.

On the other hand, at speed, you don't need to shift down 2 or 3 gears if you wanna GO. You just twist. They are very stable yet, still want to lay into the curves. Wonderful balance of the two. Good brakes. The stock exhaust strike a great balance of tone without being too damn loud. But, I would think Vance and Hines sound pretty good.

Nomads a good bike. So are HD full dressers. So are Gold Wings and BMW 1600's. Strats are bare bones, all about the motor and handling.

They're not for flashy people or people with a need to belong to a marketing program. They are for people who like to ride, don't mind a sparse machine and enjoy the rewarding satisfaction of turning and burning on a brute of a bike.

It is also the best looking bike on the road.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saved by someone getting weird. One of the simple joys of a Strat is that it is air cooled. :D

As for 'Strat' or 'Liner', I've never heard it referred to as a 'Liner' but, you call it what you like and, it's such a small number of people, we don't judge. Just don't talk to the 'blue' people (Strat owners with blue paint). They ARE weird about stuff.

Again, once you got the main part down, the rest doesn't much matter.

Just for conversations sake; the tank is too small, cruise control would be nice, they're a bit 'windy', the suspension sucks and a bit of a bear in parking lots.

On the other hand, at speed, you don't need to shift down 2 or 3 gears if you wanna GO. You just twist. They are very stable yet, still want to lay into the curves. Wonderful balance of the two. Good brakes. The stock exhaust strike a great balance of tone without being too damn loud. But, I would think Vance and Hines sound pretty good.

Nomads a good bike. So are HD full dressers. So are Gold Wings and BMW 1600's. Strats are bare bones, all about the motor and handling.

They're not for flashy people or people with a need to belong to a marketing program. They are for people who like to ride, don't mind a sparse machine and enjoy the rewarding satisfaction of turning and burning on a brute of a bike.

It is also the best looking bike on the road.
^^^^ LOVE THIS!
Thanks for taking the time. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Hi radar, welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing those pics of your bike. Like you, we have an empty nest and ride every chance possible. Be safe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts