Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of a used 650 Vstar. I also own a Vulcan 1500... which is allot heavier.

In the 80's I wrecked my first motorcycle the first day I had it... turned out to be a blessing. Walked away from that one and became a pretty good driver. Moved on to a Honda Shadow 500 and 5000 miles on it within the three or four months before I sold it.

After a 20 year drought I bought another Shadow that shook me to death.

My Vulcan 1500 has taken to me 6 national parks including Grand Canyon, Zion, southern California, and Vegas. My wife is a great passenger and loves spending time with me.

Now, my latest bike is a lightweight 650 Vstar, 1997.

I have allot to learn. That's why I'm here.

·
2,349 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I recently moved up to a Vulcan Nomad from a VStar 1100 and you're right, they are a lot heavier. You can't go wrong with a 650 and you found the best place to learn all about it. Lot's of friendly, knowledgeable people here who are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We love pics here so post some pics of your rides when you have a chance.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,016 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
You’re going to love your 650, it’s nimble, quick, and easy to handle. Ditto on the pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
643 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! The 650 seems to be a popular bike. The good news is there are lots of folks on here who have a very good handle on this model and have a bunch of tricks to get and keep you on the road safely and quickly! Snoop around and enjoy!

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
the first thing you need to learn is according to Consumer Reports the Vstar 650 is THE most reliable motorcycle ever made

thats a great thing

the caveat is, if it quits running, its your fault :^)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts