Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before my last road trip I installed a battery Tender and a USB Charger Adapter so I could charge my phone, etc.

My GoPro Battery Charger however only has a Cigarette lighter Adapter and I would swap out the Battery Tender USB Adapter for the Cig Lighter adapter as needed. This worked just fine since I was solo on the bike.

In September my wife and I will be doing a week long trip on the bike and I would like to have both the Cig Lighter and USB adapter at the same time.

Is it okay to have two battery tender Cables on one battery like this?

Is there a good reason I should not do that?

·
Registered
340 Posts
So long as you aren't overloading the charging system and make sure you unplug or turn off what ever is plugged in when the bike isn't running you should be fine.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So long as you aren't overloading the charging system and make sure you unplug or turn off what ever is plugged in when the bike isn't running you should be fine.
That is kinda what I was thinking, It would really only be used during operation.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Klurejr, I wired a cigarette lighter from the battery into my left saddlebag. That way a device on the cigarette lighter is secured in the bag while charging. It is in addition to the battery tender connection under the seat. It has worked for me. I just don't have a device I'm charging connected to both - just through the cigarette lighter. If they are usb devices you can get an insert for the cigarette lighter for two usb connections. That way my phone and my wife's phone can both be charged or I can change both Sena headsets at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts