Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Cobra Power Pro offers one of the better HP increases.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking of building a 2 in 1 exhaust for my 05 vstar. How's the performance in your mid and upper rpm range compared to your stock pipes? Are you pipes bigger diameter or the same?

Thanks

AD

·
Registered
77 Posts
The diameters of the pipes may be bigger; it’s been so long since I have had these pipes on I don’t really remember that.

As for the performance I absolutely love the power band, the bike pulls strong through the entire power band. I am really happy with the noise level, during cruising the bike is great, I frequently take all day trips with no ear ringing or headaches but when you twist the throttle and go it is loud and sounds great! I have a Maxair Preditor Pro kit on the bike with PMS screw and MAX CSR fuel cut off overrides. I have a Pro One tach on the bike and have no problem revving her to 6500 rpm’s and shifting.

The biggest thing for me was once you remove your air box the intake noise is extremely loud! I built a cover that is attached to my frame underneath the gas tank that has removed about 75% of that noise. I can supply a photo if you would like.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Neil01,

Some pictures would be great. I'm still debating but working toward making my own. Your comments on performance tells me that as long as the carbs are jetted up, there is no hp loss. The information I've read so far indicates a 2 in 1 exhaust will provide an increase in mid-range hp and torque.

Best

AD

·
Registered
77 Posts
The 2 into 1 will give you the best all around performance, I chose it because I did not want a pipe that offered mostly high rev range performance. The main reason however (to be honest) was the looks and the sound, the 2 into 1 has a much throatier sound that I prefer. I still average 45 mpg’s with two up 95% of the time or around 145 to 155 miles out of my main. I will post a pic in a day or two. Oh yea, my spark plugs color is perfect after the rejet, I change them every spring just because they are so cheap but I bet they would be fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts