Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read somewhere else that KLS makes a 2 carb to 1 carb conversion for the 650 classic. Any input ??

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
sell your bike and get a Road Star

is something wrong with your carbs? If its running well why change it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope nothing wrong just asking input. My 03 is still kinda young only 9200 miles on it lol. Gonna pick up a front end wrecked 1100 and do an engine tranny and rear end swap. I know some mods are in the process and I'm fine with that but only paying 500 for the wrecked one.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
someone on the forum did a 2 to 1 swap, pretty sure on a 650 about a year ago. He bought a kit for the conversion, lots of work, lots of things did not line up like they were suppose to. I think he got it running eventually... that last thing he struggled with was the throttle position sensor.

Are you talking about a scratch built new frame for the 650 front end, 1100 engine and back wheel / swing arm?

the 1100 and 650 are almost identical bikes (from a distance its hard to tell them apart) - but everything on the 1100 is bigger, I dont think an 1100 engine will even fit in a 650 frame

It might be easier to rebuild the front end on the wrecked 1100, and end up with two bikes.

Maybe put a 21" wheel on the front of the 1100 - Ive seen a few modded that way, they look incredible.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KCW I haven't seen the 1100 yet won't be able to till this weekend , rebuilding the front all depends if the frame is cracked but that has cruised my mind also.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But if I do rebuild the front end of the 1100 my 650 will be getting a rake kit to a 14% or 15% rake and only be a single seater that kit runs about 1200 or so and all parts cone included in the kit. I'll post a like to the site when I get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
4,639 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After reading that bible long thing the 2 to 1 is gone right out the freaking window. Also heard back from my cousin that races Yamaha that the 1100 not only wouldn't fit but the 650 frame is too light for it so looks like if the 1100's front end can be rebuilt I'll have 2 bikes instead of 1 and when the cash is there the 650 will be choppered.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
hey Les, do you remember the thread here a few months ago, guy totally modified his bike, pretty sure it was an 1100

put a large..21"? front wheel, solo seat, nicely painted blue, had some really nice professional looking photos... ?

He put straight handlebars on it, and had to stretch over the tank to ride, but still had forward pegs.

I cant remember his name and I dont know what to search for to find the thread

EDIT: never mind Les, I found it - V1100km his bike

this might give you some inspiration on what can be done with an 1100 that needs a new front end:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/49-v-star/117670-long-time-since-i-updated-my-bobber-build.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts