Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
intake was cracked,changed,removed ais system,new plugs oil filter,cant find vacumn diagram,just poping badly,vac linnes hooked up right? run p00rly vacumn gauge bouncing fast both extremes up and down vacumn leak? please help senior vet retired union electrician IBEWLOCAL449,LIVING IN HOMER ALASKA summer very short cant ride deperate!thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee Carey!
Share some pics when you can. It’s true, post your questions in the Road Star section and you’ll get answers. Glad to have you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
here is the link for the Road Star factory service manual - you can read it online and save it to your computer as a pdf file:

http://www.werder.ee/Manual/XV1600.pdf

there must be a section on the vacuum lines in there somewhere.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
^ after looking at the manual a bit, I dont think there is a vacuum system or diagram, its not like the bike has a vaccum assist brake booster or a PCV or vacuum advance.

I think there is only the cap on the vacuum test port on the intake side of the carb, that you would use to attach a vacuum gauge set for balancing the carbs.

If the AIS system has been disabled and now the bike is not running well, there might be a hose or plug that is leaking air - lots of people remove it completely to make the engine look cleaner, but you have to fully plug off all the ports.

the other possibility is you have a vacuum leak, which you can usually locate by pointing an un-lit propane torch at the intake boots, manifold, carb connection to the air intake box... if the idling engine speeds up you are pointing the propane flow at a vacuum leak.

you said the boot was replaced, maybe the seals are not right, or the boot is on backwards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts